Modern (Metro) UI version of Pale Moon?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
fred8615

Modern (Metro) UI version of Pale Moon?

Unread post by fred8615 » 2013-09-04, 13:59

Since the FF Nightly editions currently have a Windows 8 Modern UI version as well as desktop, will PM have this sometime in the future?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Modern (Metro) UI version of Pale Moon?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-04, 14:12

Nope, considering "Modern UI" (name under debate) doesn't use the normal UI coding and I simply don't have the time to maintain two completely different front-ends that require two completely different build methods.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2013-09-07, 05:16

Besides. Turning your computer into a web browser only would not fall under how I understand moonchild's mission statement. Not to mention the binary would have to include it as well which would bulk up the binary even on systems without windows runtime.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-09-07, 13:53

Since I don't use the Aurora or Nightly editions of Firefox, I didn't know about Firefox having a Windows 8 modern UI.

I'm no fan of the the modern Windows 8 UI interface and I'm glad to find out this, along with Australis, won't be coming Pale Moon's way.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

link68759

Unread post by link68759 » 2013-09-14, 22:24

mattatobin wrote:Besides. Turning your computer into a web browser only would not fall under how I understand moonchild's mission statement.
You seem to be confusing the firefox app with firefox OS.

Anyway, I was disappointed that Moonchild's stance remains against it, until I installed the firefox nightly to try it for myself.

Holy crap they've got a lot of work to do before that thing is even useable. Laggy, buggy, awful at the moment.

Hopefully when they're done with it they'll just release it in the store.