Pale Moon not adhearing to system ease of access settings

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Kolusion
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Pale Moon not adhearing to system ease of access settings

Unread post by Kolusion » 2023-07-17, 14:46

There is a problem in Pale Moon 32.3.0 (64-bit) where it does not adhere to Windows 10's ease of access settings. I have animations turned off in Windows and yet Pale Moon animates its user interface. Pale Moon should not be animating the user interface when animations are turned off in Windows.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon not adhearing to system ease of access settings

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-07-17, 16:00

A lot of these questions you are posting have already been answered. I suggest you take a bit of time familiarizing yourself with Pale Moon

Specifically:
https://www.palemoon.org/technical.shtml#features -- showing what features to expect and which have been explicitly disabled.
viewforum.php?f=24 - the frequently asked questions board on this forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kolusion
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Kolusion » 2023-07-17, 16:02

Thanks. I'm done with Pale Moon. Uninstalling......

Nuck-TH
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by Nuck-TH » 2023-07-17, 16:49

Rage quitting won't earn you any points.
And if not willing to do your homework outweighs your desire to use browser not corrupted by big tech - it is your choice.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-07-17, 17:38

Just your typical "everything on a silver platter or I won't grace you with my entitled usage of what you make available to me for free" attitude. :eh:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2023-07-18, 13:45

It's crazy to me that Microsoft has placed disabling animations in the accessibility section. That's the real crime here.
Surely there are other ways to accomplish this in Windows without going into those settings. If I recall, Window 7 and prior all had that ability outside of the accessibility settings. If only the OP considered looking further. But I guess I do understand the frustration with a program that doesn't honor the look/feel/theme/settings of the OS. That is one area where Pale Moon has always been (and continues to be) quite good compared to pretty much anything else in the same space.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-07-19, 03:15

BenFenner wrote:
2023-07-18, 13:45
But I guess I do understand the frustration with a program that doesn't honor the look/feel/theme/settings of the OS.
Chrome and FIrefox are the bigger culprits here for totally flouting desktop UI conventions that have been well established.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-07-19, 08:53

As an aside, the OP was just complaining about what little animation there is in the browser.
Pretty sure what they tripped over could be disabled with a few pref changes. But... they have since left the building so I'll just call this topic solved.