Moving.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Moving.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-08-10, 06:14

Just an update here that my stuff has been moved across but it may take longer than anticipated to be fully back up and running, because on the evening before my move (timing, right?) the basement in the apartment complex where I lived, and where my storage area was, flooded. Yes I lost a number of things; mostly just made it a bunch worse to move because I had to work on minimal sleep that night after rescuing what I could from the water. I'll be busy trying to get an insurance claim processed on top of everything else too, and working with the previous landlord to clear out what was drowned that I couldn't take with me.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2023-08-10, 06:15

Ouch :-( Good luck with the insurance claim

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-08-10, 08:10

Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck (sounds a lot like my typical kind of luck).

Addendum: my last move involved many miles of torrential rain at night on a freeway that was under construction without any outside lane barriers and with windshield wipers that barely worked and a window defroster that didn't work at all requiring constant wipe-down without anyone else in the car to help (an experience I'll never forget).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-08-25, 08:01

As an update, the insurance claim payout was minimal but not entirely unexpected to be low. Additional issues with the old place (particularly the hired cleaning company being dog shit) have had me travel back and forth a lot taking away more time for me to get set up properly, but I'm chipping away at it a bit more every day.

There should not be an issue building and releasing 32.4.0 on the planned September date after handling Mozilla sec bugs in the coming week, and I hope to have my working setup fully done by that time so i can dig back into the code. Once again apologies for my inactivity and lack of attention with everything going on - feel free to nudge me if I may have seem to have forgotten about something as it's been rather crazy.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2023-08-26, 09:48

0 problems, if you have life problems, take as much time as needed to clear them.