receiving a "cannot POST /login" error when trying to use tumblr

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
xmenfan2001

receiving a "cannot POST /login" error when trying to use tumblr

Unread post by xmenfan2001 » 2023-03-05, 00:21

i've already tried the steps in the "what to do when a website won't recognize pale moon" thread in the faq, and that DOES get rid of the little "youre using an outdated browser" popup, but it still won't let me log in :( is there a way to fix this that i'm not aware of ??

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: receiving a "cannot POST /login" error when trying to use tumblr

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-03-05, 02:14

You should post in the correct subforum (web compatibility support) for website related problems and include all the troubleshooting information requested in the post template over there, for starters. Make sure you're using the latest version of PM (32.0.1 as of this writing) as chances are the problem's been fixed.
In this case, open the browser console ( Press Ctrl+shift+K) and refresh the page. See if any javascript errors are reported and paste them here within a code tag (the button in the post composer that looks like [</>] )
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX