Update I got on Browser

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
efgosser
New to the forum
New to the forum

Update I got on Browser

Unread post by efgosser » 2022-12-17, 07:31

I use to be able to add an exception on non sucre sites, I know what sites are hack and what are just not paying for security option from big tech to make more money off us. With the new update of you browser it does not give you that option, all you get is "get out" the same as big Tech browsers. I used your browser because it gave me an option, now I will just have to find another that will give me the option on whether to go to that site or not. Are you being influenced by Google, and Microsoft. They are the ones doing all this unnecessary security options in the html and all the browser security, It's all so you only go to their selected sites.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Update I got on Browser

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-17, 11:16

If you are not given an option to add an exception (which you should ONLY do if you know exactly what is going on, by the way, not a blanket solution) then the issue is severe enough that it is considered never safe in any reasonable circumstance to add an exception.

You will have to provide more details. what exactly is the error given? what URL are you trying to visit? Does it have "technical details" on the page and what does that say?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-12-17, 20:59

Moonchild wrote:
2022-12-17, 11:16
If you are not given an option to add an exception (which you should ONLY do if you know exactly what is going on, by the way, not a blanket solution) then the issue is severe enough that it is considered never safe in any reasonable circumstance to add an exception.
Or the domain used to contain mild malware that got it on Google's blacklist, which got it on everyone else's blacklist, including a perma-ban from all Australian ISPs. Then the domain switched hands, and the contents completely cleaned up, yet remained on the blacklists.

It took me ~3 years to unravel this madness on the domain I now own. I would have been in SERIOUS trouble if I could not find a browser that allowed me to play with sharp objects. I needed to do web development work on that domain over those 3 years of course.

Alternatively, is studying malware and problematic/flagged domains not also reasonable?
Last edited by BenFenner on 2022-12-17, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-17, 21:05

BenFenner wrote:
2022-12-17, 20:59
Or the domain used to contain mild malware that got it on Google's blacklist
Please try to keep confusion to a minimum. We aren't tied to any Google-maintained blacklist.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite