ENHANCEMENT to "List All Tabs" -- Close All Tabs

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
TechnoMage
Moongazer
Moongazer

ENHANCEMENT to "List All Tabs" -- Close All Tabs

Unread post by TechnoMage » 2022-07-15, 00:58

This is an ehancement request.
I really like the "List All Tabs" button & functionality. I am a big tab (ab)user. I tend to run seaches and open many results in tabs.

For example when shopping, I might open Amazon + NewEgg + B&H and search ... But, not necessarily in order.
So, I click the "List All Tabs" button + search Amazon + click the close button on each preview.

My request is for Close All Tabs (remaining) within the "List All Tabs" window.

Thanks for considering.

bSun0000
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: ENHANCEMENT to "List All Tabs" -- Close All Tabs

Unread post by bSun0000 » 2022-07-15, 13:46

With a Tree Style Tab extension you can easily do this by simple closing subtrees from a different websites, in two clicks.
https://github.com/oinkin/treestyletab
If you are a "hundreds tabs" user - this extension is a life saver.

TechnoMage
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by TechnoMage » 2022-07-15, 14:46

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tested it. It seems that it does not work for me.
This may be a conflict with Tab Mix Plus, but it seems to be general.
Presume that I have an Amazon tab; I can click a link and have it open in that tab OR right-click & "Open Link in New Tab" OR right-click & "Open Link in Background Tab".
The background option does not add the new tab to the subtree; it adds the new tab to the top-level tree.
BTW, there is a nice side-effect of "Tree Style Tab": it does not (p)reload all tabs when restarting Pale Moon.

Thanks.

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Potkeny » 2022-07-15, 15:14

Tree style tabs is on the addon site too, if you dont like to go to github for them: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/treestyletabforpm/