url bar bug with search Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

url bar bug with search

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-05-23, 08:42

Good Day folks,

I have been noticing a small bug with Pale Moon where the search suggestion box sits over the url bar.

To recreate the bug:
1) Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Tabs
2) Deselect "Always Show Tab bar"
3) Make sure you have two tab open
4) Type a search term in url bar

You will see the search suggestions window overlay on top of the url bar in attachment
pm_bug.jpg
I am using Antix Linux, with the Photon theme
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: url bar bug with search

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-23, 13:30

Wait, so, you're having tabs on top AND "always show the tab bar" disabled? That's a really weird combination, since tabs in the title bar would prevent the tab bar from hiding anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2022-05-23, 15:48

Works fine for me. You should try disabling some add-ons.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-05-23, 17:45

Moonchild wrote:
2022-05-23, 13:30
Wait, so, you're having tabs on top AND "always show the tab bar" disabled? That's a really weird combination, since tabs in the title bar would prevent the tab bar from hiding anyway.
Well, I have the "always show the tab bar" disabled. I like it when the tab bar hides when there is only one tab active. However, when I have two tabs open, it seems that PM still thinks I have only one tab open and places the search suggestions (in this case bookmarks) where it would when there was only one tab open?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-23, 17:57

Yes I understand that, but since tabs when sharing space with other elements can't actually collapse the bar, I don't think it'd be compatible with that kind of operation.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-05-26, 14:59

Hey Moonchild,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that this behaviour I am seeing can not be changed? And I can thus consider this problem solved?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-26, 20:32

you may be able to fine-tune the placement with userChrome or an edit to the theme... but I'm not 100% sure if there is an easy solution to this.