Panorama/TabGroups

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.

I actively and regularly use Panorama/Tab Groups

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 31

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Panorama/TabGroups

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2013-08-05, 19:01

I agree with removing this feature. But only as long as the people who still want it's functionality can get an addon (where the features should be, optional and as an addon not a core feature of a web browser).

Personally I have never found a way to use this in my workflow. The idea of people opening a million tabs and having a core feature that is undeveloped and unequipped to manage that large number is insane.

Both issues are insane actually. Having that many tabs and a NEED to organize that many. Since I highly doubt most users have the 24 gigs of ram required to open every webpage you have ever visited since the start of the internet I would have to say yeah.. kill it. Not like firefox isn't going to be transformed into some chrome-lite browser which ironically is heavy as hell.

As supporters and users of Pale Moon and it's ideals and goals you have our support. Removing this from the core program as it has no real worth in a web browser and if their usecase and workflow requires it then an addon would be a good idea for those few users.

What Mozilla has forgotten along the way is that you don't need the largest userbase or market share. You need a group of users who are passionate about the product and to leave as much politics and inappropriate marketing directed decisions based on bs telemetry. Rather listen to your core users.