Background flickers while scrolling

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
zsoltx33
New to the forum
New to the forum

Background flickers while scrolling

Unread post by zsoltx33 » 2022-04-22, 13:49

I have been surfing the web for years with my computer, and I have never experienced something like this before! I was on tv.gab.com/guide and as I was scrolling the page down, the black area between the film clips near the bottom row was flickering as I was scrolling down. Only one row. The other rows were fine. I went back and scrolled up and down, and random stuff was appearing between the film clips, which is totally weird. Again, I have never experienced anything like this on any website.

My computer is an HP Pavilion with AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6300 Graphics, 1.6 GB of RAM, SATA drives connected: 128 GB SSD, 512 GB SSD using Windows XP Professional SP2. The primary web browser I use is MyPal, then PaleMoon, Firefox, and Google Chrome (rarely).

I opened the same URL in MyPal 29, and it didn't do it. Then I opened Firefox, and it didn't do it. Google Chrome didn't do it. So, it's only Palemoon that does this strange behavior. Then I closed the tab and opened a new tab in Palemoon and loaded the site one more time https://tv.gab.com/guide and again, it's the same issue. So, at this point, I am pretty sure it's the web browser. I'm using Palemoon Version: 27.10.0 (32-bit) (2022-02-04) running on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Background flickers while scrolling

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-22, 15:58

We don't support ancient versions of the browser, nor the OS you're on. Either use the fork you've been using or update your OS and browser to the current version.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

4td8s
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by 4td8s » 2022-04-27, 17:50

in addition to upgrading the Windows os, the OP may also need to update the graphics/video drivers for the AMD E-450 APU / Radeon HD 6320 Graphics hardware as AMD also no longer provides driver downloads for anything less than Windows 7 on their web site.

and put more RAM into the HP computer as 1.6Gb of RAM is never enough, even for a 32bit OS
increase that to either 3Gb or 4Gb

Disil07
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Disil07 » 2022-04-29, 04:18

zsoltx33 wrote:
2022-04-22, 13:49
Palemoon Version: 27.10.0 (32-bit) (2022-02-04) running on Windows XP Pro SP2.
Ask it on the MSFN boards (as roytam said). Also where is console output from that page? please insert it here too, so we can see what error happened.
Off-topic:
If you're using Roytam1 build then you should've use NM28 instead of NM27. at least 28 is more compatible with modern websites, although consume more memory.

Remember, New Moon is NOT the same as Pale Moon.
Debian 12 Bookworm - KDE Plasma 5.27
Intel Celeron N5100 - 4 gigs of RAM - 256 gigs of SSD

I can barely speak english, so bear that in mind when talking to me

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-04-29, 05:29

Off-topic:
Apparently Tobin, Moonchild, me and a few others are extremely 'toxic' because we get irritated at being distracted from better queries by the XP using weirdos who haven't gotten the memo that they are supposed to only contact the author of their fork for problems. :roll:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Scribe
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Scribe » 2022-05-07, 13:29

It might be a bit obvious, but if you haven't already, you could try turning off - or even on, Hardware Acceleration. Preferences > Advanced - General.