Help menu item URL rebranding?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Help menu item URL rebranding?

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-01, 18:55

I searched and didn't come up with anything.

I noticed today that the Help menu for Pale Moon first goes to this URL: http://www.palemoon.org/support/firefox-help
Which is then redirected to: viewforum.php?f=24

Just a little easter egg of sorts that I noticed. I wonder if it is worth the time to update "firefox-help" to something else? If not, forget I even mentioned it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Help menu item URL rebranding?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-01, 19:28

Patches welcome. This should be easy enough for anyone.
It uses the "base support URL" then tacks on whatever subject is passed to it in most cases (some things are still hard-coded from our Mozilla fork point which just makes me roll my eyes, because Mozilla didn't use their own system of relative URLs in that case...)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-01, 22:16

Moonchild wrote:
2021-07-01, 19:28
Patches welcome. This should be easy enough for anyone.
I seriously considered it.

I wonder if getting a development environment up and running would be WAAAY more time than I have to devote right now, for a simple fix.
Or maybe the patch could be done on faith without a dev environment to actually test it...

Either way, I would like to maybe get into this, but as of right now with my 7-month old infant and absolutely zero sleep during that time, I have a few higher priorities right now.

Maybe some day soon I could start contributing... That would be really nice.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-02, 00:55

Open an issue and attach a patch file then. I am available as a buildslave from patch files anytime.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-02, 01:38

Okay, okay. I'll set up an account on the repo site and submit the issue tomorrow.
I'll clone the repo and see what I can do about creating a pull request...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-02, 21:17

Be sure to ping me because I will have to add a redirect for the new URI on the website for it to work.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-03, 23:36

I thought that might be the case. Will do, assuming I get to it.
I got side-tracked with a family thing this weekend, but plan to follow through in a few days.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-08, 13:37

I've been a bit busy, but found time today to create an account on the repo site and create the issue: https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProd ... ssues/1875

I'll clone the repo and get going on a pull request. Hopefully I continue to have some free time today. :thumbup:

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-08, 14:52

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-02, 00:55
Open an issue and attach a patch file then. I am available as a buildslave from patch files anytime.
Assuming I've done everything correctly, there should be a useful patch file for you to build with here: https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProd ... ment-25474

I branched off of master, I hope that was the right move. :shifty:

If I've screwed something up, I'm happy to make the correction(s).

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-19, 15:17

Let me know what else I can do from here. :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-19, 16:53

Be patient? :)