PM 29.2.0 can't play videos on Udemy

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
iriki

PM 29.2.0 can't play videos on Udemy

Unread post by iriki » 2021-05-27, 16:31

Hello,

I recently joined Udemy and tried using palemoon however most of the videos don't load and the following message appears:
VIDEOJS: ERROR: (CODE:4 MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED) No compatible source was found for this media. Object { code: 4, message: "No compatible source was found for …" }
Using Linux Mint 21 (20.04 based), if you need more info please let me know. Thanks!

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: PM 29.2.0 can't play videos on Udemy

Unread post by van p » 2021-05-30, 00:15

First, it's "Pale Moon," not "palemoon."

Second, I don't have a clue what "Udemy" is. I could search for it, but I shan't. You should provide a URL link, using the "Insert URL" button (10th button from the left) above the text box we type these messages in. Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.2 x64

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-05-30, 00:36

iriki wrote:
2021-05-27, 16:31
Hello,

I recently joined Udemy and tried using palemoon however most of the videos don't load and the following message appears:

Using Linux Mint 21
You need to be more careful in what you type.

There is "no" Linux Mint 21.

Linux Mint 21 will most likely be released in late June or early July of "2022" which is one year away. The present release is 20.1 and in about one month from now, Mint 20.2 will be released. And in January of 2022, Mint 20.3 will be released.

Are you really using Mint or Ubuntu which is 20.04 when using Pale Moon?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-05-30, 04:19

what "Udemy" is.
Udemy is a site for paid online video courses.

AFAIK none of the courses are publically accessible - you can only play the ones you paid for, so it's not easy for others to check what's going on.

I signed up for one of their courses some years ago, and fwiw can still access and play that particular video just fine.
- and don't see the error mentioned in the original post. (PM 29.2, Windows 7 x86)

Are you blocking requests from udemycdn.com ?

Can you play the course "preview" videos?
The previews are publically available, so others can try them.