Built-in HTML5 + CSS and XUL editor? Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
djgpp

Built-in HTML5 + CSS and XUL editor?

Unread post by djgpp » 2021-04-22, 06:06

Moonchild wrote:
2021-04-20, 07:29
Hey you know what? UXP could be used to make an IDE application for the web, too. All the tools are there: composer, editor, live preview, JS processing, etc.
You are right. I played a bit with Scratchpad and found I could use it for extension development. Most extensions are fairly simple, beasts such as DownThemAll or MagDown of course need much powerful IDE. The only thing that missing now is a built-in HTML5 + CSS and XUL editor. The one provided by Extension Developer addon is too primitive. If we have such an editor, the idea of developing Pale Moon extension using Pale Moon alone is already a reality.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Built-in HTML5 + CSS and XUL editor?

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-22, 06:21

You never fucking learn do you? Still spamming the forum with useless shit like this. Times like this I become 200 million times as crusty as Tobin usually does. Why tf couldnt' you reply to whatever thread you're quoting Moonchild from instead of spawning it here?

Just go and use Spket with Eclipse for fuck's sake, you have wasted enough time dicking around over that playing 20 questions.

@Moonchild - I think we're dealing with another underage teenager with the attention span of a squirrel here, at least techboyg5 was far more mature than this.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

djgpp

Unread post by djgpp » 2021-04-22, 07:36

moonbat wrote:
2021-04-22, 06:21
You never fucking learn do you? Still spamming the forum with useless shit like this. Times like this I become 200 million times as crusty as Tobin usually does. Why tf couldnt' you reply to whatever thread you're quoting Moonchild from instead of spawning it here?

Just go and use Spket with Eclipse for fuck's sake, you have wasted enough time dicking around over that playing 20 questions.

@Moonchild - I think we're dealing with another underage teenager with the attention span of a squirrel here, at least techboyg5 was far more mature than this.
I have put much hope into UXP but people like you is what I hate most. Tobin is easier to deal with than you, he's at least reasonable. My teenager years were passed a long time ago, I'm in my thirty (exactly 31 yrs old).

Do you know why I asked this? Because I want a seft contained environment. My daily job is not related with IT. I could code something for fun with my browser when I'm browsing the web using the built-in tools, this is what I want. I'm not always at home to be able to spawn a full pledge development environment like yours. Keep that in mind. I already considered to give Spket a try when I have time but after your comment I think I will never. I have had enough. Good bye.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-22, 07:44

djgpp wrote:
2021-04-22, 07:36
My teenager years were passed a long time ago, I'm in my thirty (exactly 31 yrs old).
Doesn't look that way, given you can't follow simple instructions when repeatedly told.
djgpp wrote:
Do you know why I asked this? Because I want a seft contained environment
And you really expect the dev to build an IDE and hand it to you on a platter, that too built into the browser as a feature request?
djgpp wrote:
I already considered to give Spket a try when I have time but after your comment I think I will never.
Your loss, nobody else's.
djgpp wrote:
I have had enough. Good bye.
If it means you won't keep creating new threads to ask dumb questions despite being told not to by several people, then yeah, goodbye.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-22, 08:23

My suggestion was for someone to make an editor as a standalone XUL application.

Please stop suggesting things for Pale moon that are clearly out of scope for the browser, it's wasting everyone's time!

You want a built-in editor? have a look at SeaMonkey then, that's a suite.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite