[Invalid] Search/Find case sensitive

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
rubiohiguey

[Invalid] Search/Find case sensitive

Unread post by rubiohiguey » 2013-06-07, 14:42

PM version 20.1
I just found out that the search/find (CTRL + F) is case sensitive. E.g. if I look for "document" it will not find "Document" (with capital D), and vice versa.

This is both on the displayed page and on page source.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2013-06-11, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as invalid. (not a bug)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Search/Find case sensitive

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-06-07, 15:55

You have most likely ticked the "case sensitive" checkbox on the search bar that appears with Ctrl+F - simply uncheck it and it will be case insensitive again (the default)

Unless it doesn't honor this setting, this isn't a bug. Please verify.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rubiohiguey

Re: Search/Find case sensitive

Unread post by rubiohiguey » 2013-06-11, 22:24

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes indeed it was the checkbox. Everything works fine now. I have not even noticed the checkbox and I must have checked it somehow by accident.