20.1 X64 Facebook issue

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
ciriney

20.1 X64 Facebook issue

Unread post by ciriney » 2013-05-29, 18:00

this latest update and Facebook don't play well together. When you click the back arrow it gathers the title bar and the left bar into a single line and I have to scroll way down the page to see new posts in groups. Once it does this there is no way out except to recall the your main page. Sure wished I could go back and rid myself of the update

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: 20.1 X64 Facebook issue

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-05-30, 08:33

Most issues with sites like Facebook are caused by stale content in the cache or incorrect cookies.
Please try clearing your browser cache and cookies first. Also check if the updated browser isn't inadvertently considered "suspicious" by antivirus software or internet security software you may be using.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ciriney

Unread post by ciriney » 2013-06-02, 21:07

cleaned up all cache, cookies and disabled all plugins, still had the problem. I could be on a group page, change groups to another group, back arrow and thia would scamble the top of the page (Stack it all into a single row until the first post) After fighting this I found and reinstalled 20.0.1 X-64 overlayed and all works back to normal. No more updated for a while or next past 20.1 for me. Headache still hurts.
Windows 7 X64
Lenova laptop

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-06-03, 10:29

FYI: I use Facebook daily from Pale Moon on several different systems and never have issues with the latest version (regularly updated with the internal updater as well as overlay install are fine). Facebook has recently worked on their site that caused some loading issues (in all browsers) so this may have been part of the issue as well.

There are no large feature implementations between 20.0.1 and 20.1, certainly not in the page compositor (which is the issue for you, apparently), so if it persists, you may have an issue with 3rd party software not liking 20.1
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite