Toolbar customization

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Zorba
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Toolbar customization

Unread post by Zorba » 2020-11-15, 11:00

I noticed since upgrading to v28.15.0 that in Customize Toolbars I can now move elements more freely, e.g. from Menu Bar to Bookmarks bar, which enabled me to completely eliminate one bar of tools, saving space.

This is good! (or has this always been possible and I missed it?) :idea:

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Toolbar customization

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-11-15, 12:40

Always been possible.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Toolbar customization

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-15, 13:02

Customizable Toolbars (as opposed by the deceptive name of CustomizableUI introduced in Firefox 29 and unfortunately inherited and retained by Basilisk because of Firefox Extension Compatibility) was a big advancement and selling point for Firefox's initial offering as part of the Aviary Toolkit over the older Mozilla Suite as XPFE didn't have the ability to arbitrarily move toolbar items.

All XPFE had, when specifically written to have it, was a huge list of tickboxes in a prefpane to enable or disable specific toolbar items. The Toolkit including Customizable Toolbars took customization well beyond that offered by the likes of IE 4-6 with actual drag and drop instead of the add/remove ordered list typical in Microsoft applications of the era.