SoftPhone app using NPAPI

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
predellino

SoftPhone app using NPAPI

Unread post by predellino » 2020-06-07, 08:30

Hello! This is my first post in PaleMoon Forum. I beg pardon if I am using the wrong section.
My company has developed a multipurpose appliance based on RTOS32 offering PABX service, among others.
I recently knew about PM with great pleasure, as it permitted us to revive our ABILISphone web-app based on NPAPI.
I would like to ask if I am allowed to think about possible enhancements of this app and the ways available to obtain them.
For instance, we would like to:
- prepare a package to obtain a one-step installation of PM and its extension (made for FF a few years ago)
- get an option to minimise the PM window, in order to present only the frame containing the soft-phone.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Greetings from Northern Italy. Ciao,
Lino

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: SoftPhone app using NPAPI

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2020-06-07, 09:16

As I know, it is only allowed to distribute the official installer and binaries and it is not allowed to provide an installer application.

Here is more info about the redist license: https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-06-07, 09:41

Please wait for Moonchild to comment next time, Pentium4User.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-06-07, 12:33

By default, Pale Moon can't be bundled with other software. Some exceptions do exist for individual distributors, though, which are individually approved/agreed (as also outlined in the already-linked redist license).

For your particular situation:
If you don't need to alter the binaries of Pale Moon (and to me it seems what you want to do can be done with configuration/launch commands) then I see no problem in permitting this exception for your specific purpose of running the SoftPhone application via plugin. You have my permission to use official Pale Moon binaries as-needed for this purpose, including any configuration changes you may need to make for your specific use. I do ask that you mention (with a link) that you are using Pale Moon in your product, if you do so.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

predellino

Unread post by predellino » 2020-06-07, 13:01

Dear Moonchild,
many thanks for permitting what we have in mind. We will write our thanks to PaleMoon in the softphone app. PaleMoon project also deserves a donation.
Could you please kindly suggest to me how we can obtain support, in case our technicians do not manage to reach the wished results?
Ciao, Lino

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-06-07, 13:08

Lino,

Please note it's "Pale Moon", 2 words, not one :)

Support is provided primarily through this very forum. Any technical issues can be discussed in this board, if you want. Pale Moon is community-supported.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite