Using an extension proxy file no longer works?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugzilla bugs, enhancements, patches, and other highly technical things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific referenced Bugzilla bugs, mercurial, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Most "bug reports" do not belong in this board and should initially be posted in Community Support or other relevant support boards.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
moonbat
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Using an extension proxy file no longer works?

Post by moonbat » 2020-05-14, 12:13

Created a brand new profile for development, and copied a textfile with the name as my extension ID and containing the path to its source directory to my new profile's extension directory, as detailed here. When I restart the browser I don't get a prompt to install the extension like it used to work earlier.

This was a much better way to develop extensions without having to copy the files to the profile directory. Has anything changed?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 20 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 12 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Re: Using an extension proxy file no longer works?

Post by JustOff » 2020-05-16, 16:20

I always use this method and it still works fine with Pale Moon.
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

moonbat
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Using an extension proxy file no longer works?

Post by moonbat » 2020-05-16, 16:21

Was due to an invalid extension ID while editing the install.rdf.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 20 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 12 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.