Delete items from profile

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Delete items from profile

Unread post by JoeyG » 2019-08-04, 20:35

I've just noticed that my profile for the unstable portable version contains a lot more items than a brand-new one.

From the names, the reason for some (e.g. "Extensions") is obvious, but for others - at least to me - it's not.

Here's an image for comparison.

Could someone please tell me what I can get rid of from my profile without breaking anything.

Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Delete items from profile

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-08-04, 21:12

It looks like you have some extensions installed, which is why your current profile looks so different from a vanilla one. A new profile will look very different even from an uncustomized profile that's been in use for a few days.

If you want to clean up your profile, my recommendation is to make a new one and manually add the extensions, customizations, and preference changes you want (maybe with FEBE) rather than try to remove things from the old one.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: Delete items from profile

Unread post by JoeyG » 2019-08-04, 23:57

Isengrim wrote:
2019-08-04, 21:12
... If you want to clean up your profile, my recommendation is to make a new one ... rather than try to remove things from the old one.
Good idea. Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version