"Middle" mouse button not working....

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

"Middle" mouse button not working....

Unread post by Rickkins » 2019-04-01, 11:58

On latest (19-03-28) 64
Win 10 64

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: "Middle" mouse button not working....

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-01, 12:59

details.
Steps to reproduce.
etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Rickkins » 2019-04-01, 13:05

I'm not sure what details I can add here. Worked in previous alpha versions, works in the latest regular release. etc etc.

In the latest alpha, it does not work, anywhere.

Wait, I should specify that it does not work to open tabs, links etc, but it will close tabs. Dunno if that helps.

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-01, 16:38

Please provide exact steps of a situation where it should work but does not, for you.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Rickkins » 2019-04-01, 17:05

Moonchild wrote:Please provide exact steps of a situation where it should work but does not, for you.
When I click a link to open it, it does not work.
When I click bookmark to open it, it does not work.

I'm not sure what more I could provide. It's a mouse, a standard 3 button mouse(with wheel as middle button)
It has twp states, works or doesn't.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-04-01, 17:07

What application, buildid, and program arch.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-01, 17:14

I didn't ask for a stock photo of a mouse that doesn't help in any way shape or form. We all know what a computer mouse looks like.

I just loaded up the current unstable Pale Moon. Middle-clicked links in pages, bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar entries, empty space on the tab bar, etc. -- no issues, all behavior is as expected and opens new tabs.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-04-01, 17:18

Are you running tabmix plus?

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-04-01, 17:35

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49 These instructions also apply to getting support with alpha builds, IIRC.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story