Microsoft internal compiler errors...

Talk about code development, features, specific bugzilla bugs, enhancements, patches, and other highly technical things.

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific referenced Bugzilla bugs, mercurial, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Most "bug reports" do not belong in this board and should initially be posted in Community Support or other relevant support boards.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Microsoft internal compiler errors...

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-10-17, 12:50

OK, so, this is starting to get really annoying.

I keep constantly running headlong into a brick wall called C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
You'd expect a software package that costs several thousands of dollars to not display this kind of issue or to have it fixed; but as far as I can see, VS2010 is even worse than VS2005 in that respect when trying to build something from the Firefox code base.

Even the Mozilla team with their non-optimized (i.e.: non-pushing) builds run into that now, and are using band-aids to fix things like using the cross compiler for x64: bug #682788

It's been the reason for the hold-up on 7.0.1 x64, among other things.

Has anyone tried their hand at compiling Firefox, running into the same issues? If so: any workarounds?
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne