nsIPrefBranch getStringPref/setStringPref

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

nsIPrefBranch getStringPref/setStringPref

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-10-31, 16:12

It seems Pale Moon doesn't have these two functions.
Is it possible to have them in a future release?

JustOff

Re: nsIPrefBranch getStringPref/setStringPref

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-10-31, 16:41

These methods were introduced in Gecko 55, but there are getComplexValue/setComplexValue that allow to achieve the same result.
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-10-31, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-10-31, 21:22

Since they bothered to add those methods I thought they did something different than ComplexType, but I guess it's just for convenience then?
(Of course in the case that ComplexType is called with nsISupportString as type, not in the general case.)
Last edited by vannilla on 2018-10-31, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-11-03, 22:26

The new functions should do the same job a little faster, but I don't think the effect is significant.