Pale Moon Commander (beta)

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon Commander (beta)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-01-18, 22:28

Pale Moon Commander 0.3b2

Adds "Advanced options" to Pale Moon's Options menu (Pale Moon button) or Tools menu (classic menu), giving a large array of advanced options and tweaks, and allows you to enable/disable additional tools and modules. Warning: changing preferences of which you don't know the effect can potentially break your browser's functionality. Make backups.

http://www.palemoon.org/WIP/

This is very much a work-in-progress and is far from complete, however, for the tweakers among you, this may be a welcome reprieve from having to type about:config ;)

The add-on does not have documentation yet, either. Use it at your own risk.

NOTE: You can also use this add-on for Firefox tweaking, although not all functions may have effect.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Bruz Wayne

Re: Pale Moon Commander (beta)

Unread post by Bruz Wayne » 2013-01-19, 00:22

Awesome. I'm already using it and fiddled around with it, and everything's working beautifully so far.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-01-19, 00:49

8-) ....but I'm going to have to heed your "here be dragons" warning and make a record of what I alter - especially the ones I don't fully understand! With "finger trouble" and broken browsers in mind would it be possible to incorporate a "Restore Default/Initial Settings" option in a future build? I assume disabling/uninstalling will leave all changed settings as is? :)

Ryrynz

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2013-01-19, 05:12

Pretty good, once past beta pop it on addons.mozilla.org!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-01-19, 08:01

Blacklab wrote:would it be possible to incorporate a "Restore Default/Initial Settings" option in a future build?
I could probably incorporate "restore all Pale Moon defaults" similar to the preferences reset option in the safe mode dialog; restoring initial settings would be a lot more involved so that option although probably preferred of the two, would be something to implement much later, if done...
Blacklab wrote: I assume disabling/uninstalling will leave all changed settings as is? :)
Yes, all changes made are permanent settings, regardless of the add-on. It's a configurator.
Ryrynz wrote:once past beta pop it on addons.mozilla.org!
I intend to - especially since it can also be used for Firefox. That and babelzilla for l10n.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2013-01-20, 14:07

This is really great, good work! How much settings are you planning to include in it?

I often need to change these:
browser.padlock.urlbar_background
browser.urlbar.trimURLs
clipboard.autocopy
keyword.URL
layout.word_select.eat_space_to_next_word
middlemouse.paste
security.dialog_enable_delay

and what about "hidden" or experimental features category, for example:
browser.download.useToolkitUI
browser.preferences.inContent