Compiling Servo based Firefox for XP

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
KingsMan

Compiling Servo based Firefox for XP

Unread post by KingsMan » 2018-03-18, 06:49

Rust piece of true disaster made to put programmers on grave.
this new Rust from Mozilla is a disaster. I challenged my fellow friends that I can port Servo based Firefox 58 to XP but something called Rust landed on my road.
dependencies [that stupid Rust creates] leading to cause of missing API like IntializeCriticalSectionEx . I have a new cpp based on one core api and wine to implement those missing API . I want to merge this new cpp such that missing API are no more called from system DLL . Do anyone know how can I solve this trouble with mozbuild environment ? Please help me I asked my sister's professor they don't know anything about Rust . Here you people are my last hope . Please help me to troubleshoot this disaster.
I apologize for all trouble.
Thanks in advance

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Compiling Servo based Firefox for XP

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-18, 08:11

We are not affiliated with Mozilla, Servo, or the Rust Language Project. We do not believe in the technology nor will we EVER employ it.

Sorry, you will have to look elsewhere.