Building UXP with VS 2017

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
gpower2

Building UXP with VS 2017

Unread post by gpower2 » 2018-02-10, 09:30

Are there any plans to make the new UXP buildable with VS 2017?
I was just reading the announcements for v15.6 which supposedly has a lot of changes in the C++ compiler in order to produce faster code and I thought it would be great if we could build UXP with this new compiler.

Fedor2

Re: Building UXP with VS 2017

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-02-10, 11:16

It benefit only for highend hardware and win10 then. For others i consider it will be slower.
Tell me at common how software monstrosity of 50gb size can produce good code?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-10, 11:57

Let's get it stabilized before we go redesigning aspects for the moving cpp spec target. So no, not at this time.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-10, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

gpower2

Unread post by gpower2 » 2018-02-10, 12:50

Fedor2 wrote:It benefit only for highend hardware and win10 then. For others i consider it will be slower.
Tell me at common how software monstrosity of 50gb size can produce good code?
You obviously don't know what you're talking about, however even if what you're saying is true, the vast majority of users use or will use better PCs running Windows 7+, so...
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Let's get it stabilized before we go redesigning aspects for the moving cpp spec target. So no, not at this time.
Of course, it's not something to do at the moment, I was just asking if it is something being considered. ;)

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2018-02-10, 13:09

gpower2 wrote:Of course, it's not something to do at the moment, I was just asking if it is something being considered. ;)
See also Issue #902.