Pre-2014 GitGub repository?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Pre-2014 GitGub repository?

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-19, 23:13

I was looking in the MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon commit log and found that it began in 2014: "Create new repo after line endings mishap." What happened, and where can I find older commits?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pre-2014 GitGub repository?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-20, 03:59

That's it. there was no version control before that.. Old source code is up somewhere..

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-20, 05:35

Huh, okay. Do you know what the "line endings mishap" was? It sounds mysterious...

Also, where should I look for the 20.3 source code?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-20, 08:38

You can find old source code from the link on the source code web page.
The line endings mishap didn't mean anything beyond that -- when initially setting up the version control, the source tree was set to automatically have line endings converted between Windows and Unix-style (as is the default for git) but that's not good for our tree. So, shortly after the initial commit it was erased and re-done with the correct settings.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2017-12-20, 12:13

Off-topic:
just built Pale Moon 3.6.32 for GNU/Linux (gcc 6.3.0). after some cosmetic source code fixes, it builds and works!
screenshot

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-20, 13:34

Hardcore!

Now backport css3, es5 and 6, and html5... Also, WHY? :P

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2017-12-20, 13:42

>Also, WHY?
kick me if i know! ;-) i just thought: "hey, it will be fun to try to build that. let's see how it will break!" and... it won't. sure, i had to do some cosmetic fixes (like changing `*_METHODIMP` to `*_METHOD` in class definitions, do "chmod +x" on some scripts, and so on), turn off modern misoptimisations ("-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-overflow -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fwrapv"), and there are TONS of warnings, but otherwise -- it works!

also, it already supports HTML5 (as it was in 2012).