Windows Build Environment of official builds?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
roytam1

Windows Build Environment of official builds?

Unread post by roytam1 » 2017-09-24, 02:32

I wonder what is Windows Build Environment of official builds?
I tried to build following viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13556 with unmodified source code from http://www.palemoon.org/sourcecode.shtml and the result binary having issue with MSFN ckeditor:

Code: Select all

10:27:02.316 TypeError: instance is null
http://www.msfn.org/board/uploads/javascript_global/root_framework.js.fcec7cc2112e0a890a10667d4ccd6706.js?v=8c63769e95
Line 632:66
which is:

instance=CKEDITOR.replace($(elem).find('textarea').get(0),config);instance.once('instanceReady',function(){elem.trigger('editorWidgetInitialized',{id:name});if(_.isFunction(callback)){callback();}});if(!options.allbuttons){$(window).on('resize',resize);}
and the problem doesn't happen with official build.

my .mozconfig:

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-j4"

ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -Ob2ity -GS- -GF -Qpar -GA"
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-shared-js
ac_add_options --enable-devtools
ac_add_options --disable-skia

WIN32_REDIST_DIR=$VCINSTALLDIR/redist/x86
My build environment:
Win7 x64, 16GB RAM
VC2013 Update 5
MozillaBuild-2.1.0

MozillaBuild Install Directory: C:\mozilla-build\
Visual C++ 2013 Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\
Windows SDK Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\
Using the MSVC 2013 64-bit cross-compile toolchain.

Roy@win7 ~
$ cl
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 18.00.40629 for x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

roytam1

Re: Windows Build Environment of official builds?

Unread post by roytam1 » 2017-09-24, 07:58

OK it seems that I found the difference:
my build works with official branding enabled, and after checking browser\branding\official\pref\palemoon-branding.js there is 2 extra lines than unofficial branding:

// Enable Firefox compatmode by default.
pref("general.useragent.compatMode", 2);
And I changed browser\branding\unofficial\pref\palemoon-branding.js adding these and sites is working again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Windows Build Environment of official builds?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-24, 10:39

This is a bug in CKEditor; they need Firefox compatibility mode in their UserAgent sniffing or they serve scripting that doesn't work.
This has nothing to do with your own builds or the build environment.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite