URL Bar Feature Request

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
PBnMoon

URL Bar Feature Request

Unread post by PBnMoon » 2017-06-20, 02:41

On the modern web the URL bar is almost an anachronism.

I may type in a full url once or twice a day at most. I am much more likely to type in a few characters and hope the "awesomebar" fills in the rest, or even more likely to use a bookmark or other link to get there.

One thing I do often use the URL bar for is quickly navigating "UP" the site tree. Navigating back to the homepage of a site can be a hassle and rely on the variable web design practices around the internet. But selecting everything after the TLD and pressing delete works everywhere.

I would really love a feature that would let me jump to various parts of the website by simply clicking on the part of the domain I want to go to.

It does somewhat break the current behavior of selecting the entire url bar for overwrite or copy, but I'm sure there is some way for the two behaviors to to coexist intuitively.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: URL Bar Feature Request

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-06-20, 04:39

PBnMoon wrote:feature that would let me jump to various parts of the website by simply clicking on the part of the domain I want to go to
Sounds like you're describing Location Bar Enhancer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -enhancer/.

Check it out, it's really feature rich! :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

PBnMoon

Unread post by PBnMoon » 2017-06-21, 01:35

Sure enough that's exactly what I was thinking but better executed.

I'm a little bummed it only has 10k users it seems like a lot of people would dig it if they knew about it.

EbonJaeger
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by EbonJaeger » 2017-06-22, 16:10

LimboSlam wrote:
PBnMoon wrote:feature that would let me jump to various parts of the website by simply clicking on the part of the domain I want to go to
Sounds like you're describing Location Bar Enhancer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -enhancer/.
This is a really nice plugin, thanks for mentioning it! It looks like development on it has stopped, though, and context menus are broken.