AMO filter

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
GreenGeek

AMO filter

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-01-09, 20:31

I have this half-baked idea that I would post in the just requested extension development section if it existed. (so please move there if it's created)

While browsing new extensions at AMO in PM, which I have really given up as a routine practice, I wondered if we might develop an extension, or a user script, which could filter the page content so that extensions that meet the version numbering for Pale Moon 27 could be filtered to show which ones are at least compatible based on the Firefox version. I am aware this would be only a partial indicator of compatibility but it is better than what we get now. As it is currently, AMO shows "Not available for Firefox 38.0" but that is not tailored to PM's min/max compatibility.

Something similar was done for SeaMonkey, but that actually went a bit further in altering other parts of the AMO page content. I would just like a quick visual cue for which ones to look at closer. I also realize this may have a limited time of usefulness depending on what AMO is intending to do with their site when the legacy extensions aren't supported anymore. This also could be more useful with the upcoming SDK changes making more of the extensions compatible (but I am not suggesting screening the pages for SDK).

If this isn't doable, please ignore (won't be my first idea to end up on the scrap heap). If it's doable, but I'm the only one interested, then that's OK too.