Pale Moon is doomed to fail, here is why.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Richvideo

Re: Pale Moon is doomed to fail, here is why.

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-11, 19:25

Shadeclan wrote:Well, this thread sort of collapsed, didn't it? :oops:

I think this thread needs to be taken out of the development forum as it has nothing to do with development discussion. There's a forum for improvement requests and that's where this needs to be ... I guess.

As far as Moonchild having phone numbers given to him by people in the forum, well, he will do what he thinks best. As Sun-Glasses pointed out in the beginning and as everybody knows who is a regular visitor to this forum, Pale Moon is supported by a very small number of people. Moonchild has to decide where to spend his time most effectively - if he feels that the phone number is bogus and calling it is a waste of time, that's his prerogative.
Richvideo wrote: ... So you are basically calling me a liar, I clearly stated in the the other thread how this played out ...
You know, most of us who post here don't know anything about each other. Richvideo, you may be completely legit. Or you might be trying to set up some sort of scam - how is Moonchild supposed to know? I think the burden of proof lies with you and that's why Mr. Pan needs to do the calling, not the other way around. Netflix is a large corporation full of minions who can call Moonchild. Moonchild, on the other hand, probably doesn't even have a secretary ... unless you count his wife (assuming he's married and, of course, hetrosexual ... :-) )

As far as the original purpose of this post goes, I think that the title and length of the beginning pretty much gives away the intention of the poster. Discouragement is a very powerful tool and the thread's purpose was, obviously, to discourage and overwhelm Moonchild with all the things he would have to do to make Pale Moon be "as good" as other browsers. If Sun-Glasses' purpose really had been to post helpful suggestions, he would have entitled the thread "some helpful suggestions" in the proper forum, not " Die Pale Moon, Die!" in the development forum where Moonchild would be sure to see it.

I am grateful to Moonchild for every effort he makes to keep Pale Moon the very best browser that money can't buy. I'm grateful that he keeps going, even after all the complaining - not sure that's something that I would be able to do. I am grateful for the Pale Moon browser. As a heavy add-ons user, I'm grateful that most of my add-ons continue to work in Pale Moon. I think it's important to continue to be positive and hopeful about the future - why work on something if it's just going to fail, anyway? If Moonchild becomes convinced that Pale Moon is a failure, you can kiss this project goodbye.

We really need to be mindful of who's putting in the effort here.
The burden of proof is on me-okay
I offered to forward the email/s to him to show him that it came from Netflix--He did not take me up on the offer so he could check the validity

Scam really? do I sound like a Nigerian prince---Occam's razor applies here -it is what it is should I have my 76 year old mother call MC and vouch for me :)

Look Sam most likely would have wrote directly to MC if I had given him his email address in my first email to him so it is my fault but I did not have it at that time, the only info Sam had was the thread link I gave him from that other PM posting and this is what he replied to me---

"Hi Rich,

Quick intro - work with Neil Hunt at Netflix. I understand that you reached out to Neil regarding issues accessing Netflix.com using Pale Moon.

I've read the thread you included, but I could still use more input on the problems you're seeing. Are you available to hop on the phone anytime over the coming week?

-Sam"

I then said
On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Rich Adrion wrote:

Hi Sam,
On my end I am seeing two things
1-The "My List " link is not active in this browser so I can't arrange my list order
2-I can not add video to my list

The developer of the browser feels that the issue is on your end and not really an issue with this build of the Pale Moon browser. If it all possible I think that it would be best to contact him directly to discuss the issues and hopefully find some bug fixes

His info
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

I just sent him a private message over at the forum and asked him to contact you directly , hopefully he will jump on that right away.
Thank you for your time and your quick response it is very much appreciated
Regards
Rich Adrion

Clarification: What I sent him was MC's forum info and not his email address, so I assume that Sam did not want to sign up to the forum just to contact MC

Sam replied-
"Yes, I'd like to find out how I can best help. I'll look for him to reach out to me then."

What I said after MC said he refuses to contact Sam in a PM to me
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Rich Adrion

Hi Sam,
The developer said he wrote Neil a very detailed letter around 12/9 that explained the issues and he did not receive a response back, if at all possible could you have Neil forward you that email so you can review it and contact the developer directly.
He is not comfortable with me as a Pale Moon user playing the middle man and would prefer to deal with you directly from this point on to avoid any miscommunication.
Thanks again in advance for your time and efforts dealing with this
Enjoy Your Day
Rich Adrion

Sam wrote back:
Can you just ask him to reach out to me directly? I agree that working with you as the middle man doesn't help. I want to work directly with him
(I am assuming that Sam did not want to bother his boss with this and figured that it would be no issue for MC to send him the info that he sent Neil Hunt)

And that is where we are now.
Yep like you said MC might not have a secretary, I acted like one for him and did the legwork to find the right people at Netflix to help out and get no thanks, just suspicions and drama

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-12, 15:32

Off-topic:
Richvideo wrote:... The burden of proof is on me-okay
I offered to forward the email/s to him to show him that it came from Netflix--He did not take me up on the offer so he could check the validity ...
Well, instead of getting frustrated, I think the best thing would be to show some patience, here. I'm pretty sure that neither of us can claim Moonchild as a close personal friend so we really don't know what he's thinking.
Richvideo wrote:... Look Sam most likely would have wrote directly to MC if I had given him his email address in my first email to him so it is my fault but I did not have it at that time, the only info Sam had was the thread link I gave him from that other PM posting and this is what he replied to me---
Thank you for doing a lot of the leg work. Pale Moon will succeed so long as Moonchild enjoys improving Pale Moon and we continue to support him and his team in every way we can.
Richvideo wrote:Scam really? do I sound like a Nigerian prince---Occam's razor applies here -it is what it is should I have my 76 year old mother call MC and vouch for me :)
The point I was making was that it was difficult, if not impossible, to tell with certainty what your motivations are, especially in a forum environment. Each individual needs to decide for themselves whether a speaker is saying the truth, part of the truth or something else and act accordingly.

I sincerely hope that what you are presenting here is the truth. However, it's neither your decision or my decision to make - personally, I'm not even on the development team. Moonchild has to make the decision.

I still think this thread should be moved to a different forum. If we're going to continue this particular discussion, perhaps it shouldn't even be in the suggestions forum.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-12, 22:47

Shadeclan wrote:Moonchild, on the other hand, probably doesn't even have a secretary ... unless you count his wife (assuming he's married and, of course, hetrosexual ... :-)
Off-topic:
Not to nitpick here, but are you implying bisexual guys don't marry women (not that I'm implying moonchild is bi, but still)?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-13, 03:12

Thread is derailed and goin' every which way but forward with nothing but off-topic content.
Locking.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite