Obsolete code

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Fedor2

Obsolete code

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-01, 19:37

nsToolkitProfileService::CreateDefaultProfileForApp is for webapps, in our code webapps code has been deleted, why not to delete it too.

Also what about multiprocess windows int the about:support?

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Obsolete code

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-07-01, 20:20

Not sure about the former, but the latter looks like a Good First Issue™ to me.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-02, 02:49

fedor2..

If it is code that can be removed we will get to it. But you throwing random mothod names at us won't accelerate the process. You should know as a "developer" that unfocused random removal will only serve to paint us in a corner. But then again, I have seen your codebase and the changes you made and you have already screwed your self and it is blindingly obvious you have NO IDEA what you are actually doing.

So excuse me if I don't consider your suggestion as something that has any basis until it is checked properly. To be blunt, I don't like you, your friends, your followers or trust your opinion or judgement let alone the motives behind anything you do.

As far as I am conserned, you are a threat to everything we collectively have done for the past five years or longer.

That being said, it shall be looked into.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-02, 05:25

The Good First Issue™ seems quietly has been gone.

I wanted to help, sure wrong help is more bad than no any help, i but try not to do wrong thing and shall learn.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-08, 15:24

I do not insist to apply, may be later you will want to remove little bit unused code.

Remove unused code from ToolkitProfileService
https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/commit ... 1f4f1172a0

Remove multiprocess windows from about:support
https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/commit ... 8e10758f00

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-08, 18:33

You might want to double-check your patches. the second one at least is incomplete.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-17, 19:48

Yes i did, thanks.