Building a Pale Moon fork for Windows XP

Talk about code development, features, specific bugzilla bugs, enhancements, patches, and other highly technical things.

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific referenced Bugzilla bugs, mercurial, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Most "bug reports" do not belong in this board and should initially be posted in Community Support or other relevant support boards.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Building a Pale Moon fork for Windows XP

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-02, 00:38

visionhelp wrote:Where may I note problems, please ? In a new topic here, in Development (discussion) ?
Please use the issue tracker on GitHub for the version you are using. We prefer not to have bug reports and support topics for these versions in this forum since they are third-party ans do not have our support. I'll be more than happy to direct people to a better place like their own forum (wink wink nudge nudge) if they actually care to set one up, but for the moment nothing of the sort is available, so the github tracker is what you'll have to use..
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
"I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone who can be shamed by a child." -- Quillspawn

visionhelp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by visionhelp » 2019-01-04, 04:14

Thanks You very much for Your answer.

Does not make it easier, but clear.

I am trieing to stop me asking You for a link to there.
But this question must not be addressed to You, sorry. OK ?

Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-01-17, 18:34

Regarding mypal forks go to
https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/issues
You can make posts an other the most forum things.

Regarding roytam1 forks go to
https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my- ... /?page=100
This is actually a forum.

Can this somehow to be put sticked?

visionhelp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by visionhelp » 2019-01-18, 10:36

Thanks a lot.

To Your answer:
perhaps under ´Development (discussion)´ You can make a topic
"Pale Moon fork XP - Support-Links" or/and for similar and this can be made to ´Sticky´.

And the version names and numbers to which support-link, please. (Then all is for in one view.) Thanks.

visionhelp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by visionhelp » 2019-02-02, 23:42

Please.
Google recaptcha verified fix (2018.08.24) for all browser design for XP: New Moon SEE 27.8.0a1+ XP, New Moon 27.9.1a1 + XP, Mypal 27.9.4 + XP, K-Meleon 76.0 (20180818) + XP
- Test: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo https://patrickhlauke.github.io/recaptcha
- about:config dom.messageChannel.enabled true
How to create "dom ...", because does not exist, in 27.7.1, thanks.
(For registration at GitHub (the ´Verify Account´, I hope), for question there for Mypal 28.3.1.; before installation.)

bbUser123
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by bbUser123 » 2019-05-23, 15:41

I need more detailed assistance, PLEASE.

I have tried for SEVERAL weeks on building a New Moon version 28.2.2 for WinXP and the instructions are simply NOT detailed enough for a first-time beginner.

Can anybody please offer some more precise details on just HOW to compile a New Moon version 28.2.2 ???
I realize that we have RoyTam New Moon releases each and every week and we have Feodor Mypal releases - but I would really like to build my own version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-23, 18:54

We do not support Windows XP on a base code level so even if we provided hand-holding class of support for building yourself, which we don't, we cannot support building for Windows XP in any form.

Please don't come back until you use an operating system and target that isn't older than a decade.

Good day, sir.

- Shadow the Hedgehog is my favorite Pokemon! -
http://binaryoutcast.com/ | http://thereisonlyxul.org/

visionhelp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by visionhelp » 2019-05-31, 05:21

I tried to contact bbUser123 via mail and PM. Both does not seem to work.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-31, 10:24

visionhelp wrote:
2019-05-31, 05:21
I tried to contact bbUser123 via mail and PM. Both does not seem to work.
That is because the user has not been back since registering and making their post. I also doubt their e-mail address is actually being checked or being anything more than a sham, considering the domain is a parked domain and email addresses at that domain are primarily used by shell accounts on fora and on websites for creating new accounts that have 1 or 2 posts before being abandoned.

Just having mail from a parked domain is already suspect and grounds for banning, but I tend to err on the side of caution.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
"I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone who can be shamed by a child." -- Quillspawn

visionhelp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by visionhelp » 2019-06-01, 20:49

OK.
Thanks a lot these infos.

A parked domain ..., then he might have received my mail ...
I just had to wonder about not receiving the copy (of my mail), already.
OK. So what.