document.popupNode vs menupopup.triggerNode

Talk about code development, features, specific bugzilla bugs, enhancements, patches, and other highly technical things.

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific referenced Bugzilla bugs, mercurial, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Most "bug reports" do not belong in this board and should initially be posted in Community Support or other relevant support boards.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

document.popupNode vs menupopup.triggerNode

Unread postby thosrtanner » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 08:48

According to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /popupNode this is deprecated and (since gecko 2.0 which I presume is not that recent), we should be using the menupop property triggerNode.

Is this available in palemoon? because I was footling around trying to remove deprecated stuff from my inforss extension and I can't seem to find it that property being set on an onpopupshowing event to a popup attached to the right click menu.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: document.popupNode vs menupopup.triggerNode

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 17:46

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby thosrtanner » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 19:56

Yeah, but the 1st is firefox only and the 2nd is standard (for some meaning of standard anyway)

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Unread postby JustOff » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 20:27

Both popupNode and triggerNode are XUL-specific properties and have nothing to do with web standards.
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

thosrtanner
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby thosrtanner » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 20:57

Ohh, ok. thanks. I can rest easy till v30 I guess. the popupnode mdn page managed to imply something else (especially as it's not been marked as 'no longer relevant' unlike most of the xul documents I look at)
Last edited by thosrtanner on Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Development (discussion)”