Building a Pale Moon fork for Windows XP

Talk about code development, features, specific bugzilla bugs, enhancements, patches, and other highly technical things.

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific referenced Bugzilla bugs, mercurial, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Most "bug reports" do not belong in this board and should initially be posted in Community Support or other relevant support boards.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
visionhelp
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Building a Pale Moon fork for Windows XP

Unread postby visionhelp » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 10:24

Tony0945 wrote:Linux Mate. Faster, cleaner, and looks like XP

This sounds very good, if once XP is not to work with anymore. Thanks.

This MyPAL- (E) -, what is this, please. A link ? (An alternative to NewMoon (for XP) ?

´My´ NewMoon is working perfectly - html5, Youtube, Facebook - since a while now.

Once or twice a crash, from Facebook.
And a good performance speed at Facebook.

Tony0945
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread postby Tony0945 » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 21:53

I should have also mentioned the real original Palemoon for Linux latest version binary runs great on Mate.

MYPAL is an excellent XP-compatable fork from Feodor and hosted on github. google DuckDuckGo for it. He's made some extensions but the patches are readable and you can (with a lot of work) trim them out.

If you install MYPAL, it will pick up your existing Palemoon bookmarks and such.

Thanks Feodor, otherwise I'd be stuck with going back to Firefox and their interface of the week.

visionhelp
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread postby visionhelp » Fri, 22 Jun 2018, 13:48

If I may ask it here:

The NewMoon is from Feodor2, too.
In addition he developed a (the) MYPALE ? (For XP, too ?)

And sounds "you can (with a lot of work) trim them out" to a lot of work.

The ´html5´ (video) getting to run for me already was lot of work, for NewMoon.

(I am just thinking loudly, sorry.)

Return to “Development (discussion)”