maintaining zoom settings

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
greyowl

maintaining zoom settings

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-07-19, 02:36

I am using PM Atom/XP 25.5.0 on XP laptop.

I regularly visit a couple of sites that I want to zoom out on so that the images and text are smaller, but PM does not retaining (ie remember) my zoom settings on the individual pages. Is there a way of setting it so that it remembers the zoom settings on individual pages?

Also, is it possible to set the zoom on all pages to be 90%?

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: maintaining zoom settings

Unread post by Frasier » 2015-07-19, 03:26

There is an extension that will remember zoom settings per site. It will also allow you to set the zoom settings globally as well as for individual sites.

NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/?src=search.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-07-19, 03:28

Thank you for the information. I will give it a try.

Is PM not suppose to remember zoom settings?

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2015-07-19, 03:34

I've had NoSquint installed for so long, I don't remember.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-07-19, 03:35

greyowl wrote:
Is PM not suppose to remember zoom settings?
According to Moonchild here it is supposed to. This was in response to a question of mine in Linux, but the zoom functionality should be the same whether you're running Palemoon on Windows or Linux (I think).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-19, 09:01

Zoom settings are remembered on a per-host basis (it's stored in the content preferences).
Please note that content preferences may not be retained if you use privacy cleaners or private browsing mode.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-07-19, 13:25

Moonchild wrote:Zoom settings are remembered on a per-host basis (it's stored in the content preferences).
Please note that content preferences may not be retained if you use privacy cleaners or private browsing mode.
Thanks for the information.
My zoom settings are not being remembered.
How could I correct this?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-07-19, 15:15

If you're using some type of privacy cleaner, you will need to whitelist the file Moonchild mentioned (or the folder that it's stored in).

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-07-19, 16:01

helloimustbegoing wrote:If you're using some type of privacy cleaner, you will need to whitelist the file Moonchild mentioned (or the folder that it's stored in).
I am not using a privacy cleaner.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-08-11, 04:11

8-) Hey Greyowl, I have also been using Nosquint for at least two years on both Firefox before and now Pale Moon for several versions and I use several cleaners for cleaning my cache, browser history, cookies and such and it always remembers my settings for both magnify and also it allows you to change the colors of each web site. It's great for when you have hard contrast sites and are reading in the dark. I often turn my background colors to a shade of grey or dark teal green. Easier on the ol eyes :wtf:

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-08-11, 12:14

Thanks for the suggestions.
Recently, I have been using NoSquint which has been working famously.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-08-12, 04:42

Glad to hear it. Always a pleasure to help. 8-)

Skrell

Unread post by Skrell » 2016-06-10, 13:47

I thought one of the newer releases of Palemoon integrated this ability? Is that not correct?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-06-11, 12:00

Skrell wrote:I thought one of the newer releases of Palemoon integrated this ability? Is that not correct?
Pale Moon has remembered individual zoom levels for site for a very long time. It's nothing new.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite