Bookmarks

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
armedandsafe

Bookmarks

Unread post by armedandsafe » 2015-03-30, 20:44

How do I move my bookmarks from Pale Moon over to FireFox?

As much as I hate to, I'm going to have to put my milspec computers back on FireFox to get around the XP limitations on updating. BLUR (DoNotTrackMe) has just refused to update because of that.

My Win7 computers will stay with Pale Moon, thank you. :thumbup:

Pops

armedandsafe

Re: Bookmarks

Unread post by armedandsafe » 2015-03-31, 05:42

Now that this post has been approved, I figured out how. :lol:
Click bookmarks
Click Show all bookmarks
Click Import and Backup
Click Export bookmarks to HTML
Choose and REMEMBER a place to store it. (And, remember the name of the resulting file.)

Now go over to FF and do the same thing, but hit "Import" instead of "Export"

Worked for me.

Pops

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-03-31, 23:47

armedandsafe wrote:
As much as I hate to, I'm going to have to put my milspec computers back on FireFox to get around the XP limitations on updating.
What exactly do you mean by "XP limitations on updating?" Are you aware that Tobin maintains an official 3rd-party build, "Pale Moon for Windows XP?

http://www.palemoon.org/contributed-builds.shtml

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-04-01, 00:07

When I use to transfer my bookmarks from Pale Moon to Firefox and vice versa, I did it this way with regards to the Bookmarks Toolbar where all of my bookmarks/favorites are kept.

Click Bookmarks
Click Show/Organize all bookmarks
Click Import and Backup
Backup or Restore
Give the bookmark file a name
Click where I wanted to save the bookmark file to (I prefer to save things to my Desktop)
Then save the file as a json file (json is the default file for both Pale Moon & Firefox bookmarks)

If I was going to transfer my PM/FF to another computer using PM/FF, I put the bookmarks file on a thumb/flash drive.)

I only used html when I had to transfer either my PM or FF bookmarks to Internet Explorer (IE) since Internet Explorer uses the html format.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

armedandsafe

Unread post by armedandsafe » 2015-04-01, 00:59

helloimustbegoing, no, I was not aware of that. I have now downloaded that version and will be using it until mid-year (or longer.) Thank you.

As for upgrading my computer OS, that is not practical on the military grade computers we are using. General Dynamics and Itronix just don't enjoy running Win 7. As for new computers capable of that, check the prices for mil spec laptops and let me know if you can afford to buy a couple for us. ;) :D

Pops

Well, I upgraded and BLUR (DoNotTrackMe) still claims the update is incompatible with PaleMoon on the XP.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-04-01, 08:18

If your issue is extension compatibility, then please be aware that you may have to run a pre-Australis version of the extensions you use in some cases. This won't be solved by any of the Pale Moon versions because it is not a browser problem, but rather a restriction/design choice in the extensions themselves.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ultor

Unread post by Ultor » 2015-11-23, 23:03

No way to get Blur working with Pale Moon?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-11-23, 23:47