Small Printing

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
WaltP

Small Printing

Unread post by WaltP » 2015-02-16, 20:25

I just installed a new printer and on both old and new printers each page prints extremely small. I needed a map from google maps and what came out was a map that was 4cm x 1.5 cm (1-5/8 x 1-1/8 inches). The entire page printed was 3" wide x 4.5 inches high.

I can't get the browser to print properly anymore. Brother claims they made no changes that affect browsers. Printing from IE and FFox is fine. What should I be looking for in the settings or config?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Small Printing

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-02-16, 22:00

Look under Print -> Page setup and check the scale there (usually "shrink to fit width" is what you want)
Also look under Print... -> properties (next to the printer choice) and make sure your printer is set up to print full-page
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

WaltP

Re: Small Printing

Unread post by WaltP » 2015-02-17, 00:05

I've tried "shrink to ft" and it isn't working. Under properties there is no "full-page" setting.

I just noticed when I print a message containing the phrase "small print" is displayed. Looks like the margins are printing at 3 inches even though they are set at half inch