The Lots Of Restore Points, bookmarks, profiles and what else

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
visionhelp

The Lots Of Restore Points, bookmarks, profiles and what else

Unread post by visionhelp » 2018-02-02, 15:08

Hello,

while using - new - the PMBackup.exe for backup, I have to face the many backups - of bookmarks and profiles and I do not know what else - automatically.

For me - first - it would be enough to have ONE - settings saving, and ONE - backup. Plus a backup of all into an other folder, as PMBackup.exe.
In regard of the PMBackup.exe I would like, to may be able, to do this PMBackups very fast. With having only one saved - settings and bookmarks and what is necessary, and one backup of all. (I am repeating, sorry, plus the backup into an other folder.)
I hope, the description of what I mean is good enough to understand.

Only after doing changes a new saving is necessary, my opinion, at least for me.

(And by the way, having in PaleMoon a function as the PMBackup.exe would be really more smart and elegant. Although I have installed the FEBE Add-On Backup, I - until today - have not been ever in the settings already only, from the lots of things at the first view of the Tools-Menu, 7 single Sub-Points with surely further sub-points to decide and to set and to think about, uh, and still in english. Perhaps it is the english only, but I do not think so.)

Thanks for the attention.
Last edited by visionhelp on 2018-02-02, 19:10, edited 2 times in total.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: The Lots Of Restore Points, bookmarks, profiles and what else

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-02-17, 03:24

pmbackup is still an excellent tool and you only need to 7-zip/rar your profile folder from time to time.

for more look here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18356&p=135039#p135039

visionhelp

Re: The Lots Of Restore Points, bookmarks, profiles and what else

Unread post by visionhelp » 2018-02-17, 20:25

PMBackup IS excellent.
This to use in addition as security-backup is certain, for me.

But, what is very disturbing and absolutely unnessecary to me, is the lots of automatic backups of bookmarks and settings, which is fast growing to a big collection of on-going-numbered savings.

And PMBackup has also to backup all.

I only need one saving - of bookmarks and settings - and only one backup-file within PaleMoon/NewMoon.
And only from these few savings - in addition - the backup with PMBackup, as second complete backup.
But much, much faster than now, with having to PMBackup so many saved files from within PaleMoon/NewMoon.