How to make HTML5 videos play in PaleMoon

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
Lightyear1

How to make HTML5 videos play in PaleMoon

Unread post by Lightyear1 » 2018-01-15, 12:39

How to make HTML5 videos play in PaleMoon? I have the Version: 26.5.0 (Atom/WinXP), because I have Win XPSP3 with the Embedded/POS-ready hacks.

Thehandyman1957

Re: How to make HTML5 videos play in PaleMoon

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 01:31

You are not going to get any support from using an unsupported browser version. 26.5.0 is not supported any longer.

You might try to see if you can use one of the v27 XP versions available.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16241

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-16, 01:41

Those aren't Pale Moon and are not supported by us.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-16, 01:48

I was not trying to imply that they were PM but sadly I'm not quite sure what to call them at this moment.

Perhaps someone could come up with a official term that we could use.

I was tempted to call them v27 XP hacks but thought it would offend someone. ;)

Lightyear1

Unread post by Lightyear1 » 2018-01-16, 10:12

Thehandyman1957 wrote:You are not going to get any support from using an unsupported browser version. 26.5.0 is not supported any longer.

You might try to see if you can use one of the v27 XP versions available.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16241

Yes I know, and by "support" everyone understands the "Official support". That´s why I´m HERE in the Forum, because in the PM-official support has ceaced for the browser in question, and they advice to turn to the Forum, to GET help from the members and threads if there are/exists workarounds. ...apparently NOT getting help.
OK, if the forum & members are like this, it´s time to forget PaleMoon. Thanks for NOTHING. :thumbdown: :evil:
Last edited by Lightyear1 on 2018-01-16, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-16, 11:48

I think is is time to forget a 17 year old operating system that is unsupported.. OH WAIT.. POs Embedded. I think it is time to forget your illegal operating system that isn't for consumers at all...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-16, 19:25

Right, so let's all calm down. I'll just not take offense to getting a "thanks for nothing" flung at me, too.

You can try the as of yet unbranded XP build effort of Pale Moon 27 which seems to solve a few issues with media playback, as suggested.
Even for that though, you are on your own especially if you've hacked XP with POS2009 hacks and have been receiving embedded-only updates not designed for desktop XP, which can and will break desktop use over time. points-of-sale don't do media and there is no consideration for media on such setups in patches as a result. Quite possible it's permanently broken at the system level.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KingsMan

Unread post by KingsMan » 2018-01-18, 11:38

Moonchild wrote:Right, so let's all calm down. I'll just not take offense to getting a "thanks for nothing" flung at me, too.

You can try the as of yet unbranded XP build effort of Pale Moon 27 which seems to solve a few issues with media playback, as suggested.
Even for that though, you are on your own especially if you've hacked XP with POS2009 hacks and have been receiving embedded-only updates not designed for desktop XP, which can and will break desktop use over time. points-of-sale don't do media and there is no consideration for media on such setups in patches as a result. Quite possible it's permanently broken at the system level.
Posready 2009 is 99.9% xp and it has just rebranded nothing else.
Problem is actually pm26 doesn't play html5 in non possystem even

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-01-23, 01:08

26 palemoon good for old machines where system newer than xp wont run at all. html5 there is slidesshow so use flash. If no flash aviable, you know youtube, you can download that very video file and watch outside the browser, there are many addons for that, savefrom.net and other.
But you cant download live video, wait until it become not live, nevertheless i heard about software for downloading live video into file, but never tried, you know search.
Last edited by Fedor2 on 2018-01-23, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.