Presenting PM 26.5.0 ESR...

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
bernd

Presenting PM 26.5.0 ESR...

Unread post by bernd » 2016-11-29, 16:09

...to all those still behind an XP-machine (netbooks, desktops) would be my DEAREST Xmas wish. :)

Looking at the current range of "serious" web browsers for XP, only PM (now no longer maintained) and Firefox (until March 2017, see: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/09/27/firefo ... -or-vista/)
are in the running.

Dear PM-development team, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider a further extended support for all of us "compulsory" (I am) or incurable XP-users,
meaning that "only" the relevant security fixes as before should be implemented in future releases.
And if possible, the JavaScript engine upgrade (ECMAScript6) for web mail services (web.de etc.) would be a much desired bonus. :)

How about it??

I would be very thankful if all the other happy XP-PM users may show their MASSIVE support/encouragement here and give their feedback
and approve that PM is and WILL BE the best web browser for XP!!

THANKS,

Bernd

Fedor2

Re: Presenting PM 26.5.0 ESR...

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-11-29, 16:48

I do the xp mod, but no any support. Yet I shall put new instructions for 27 there
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11225

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-11-29, 16:51

I don't think the Development Team has the resources to maintain an ESR branch.

Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Al6bus » 2016-11-29, 17:18

bernd wrote:approve that PM is and WILL BE the best web browser for XP!!
Dreams Dreams, unfortunately...
Well, in principle, the developers could not spend so much energy to сut support XP, and leave basic support for this good, old and stable (no curves hands, of course) system. the more, that is the loss of a great part of the target audience, the blue :think:
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for multiprocessing