PM not compatible with new Yandex Mail

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
greyowl

PM not compatible with new Yandex Mail

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-09-28, 16:28

I am running XPsp3 and PM 26.5.0 Atom/XP..

Recently, Yandex Mail (web based) came out with a new version. Now, I get a screen saying that the new version is not compatible with my browser. Eventually, PM will open Yandex Mail, but it is very slow and frustrating. I have had to use Firefox to use Yandex Mail. PaleMoon worked fine with the previous version of Yandex Mail.

What could be the problem and solution?

Fedor2

Re: PM not compatible with new Yandex Mail

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-09-28, 18:12

Yandex Mail (web based) came out with a new version
When? Just opened my mail there, before this i used it 2 months ago. Did not notice changes. Works fast.

By the way i do not very like yandex because it wont work without js and some of the addons, but it still allow to use mail without mobile phone, which is very good.

Also there is possibility of something changed in new of Palemoon to breaking yandex. You are to try 26.4. Yet i did not update my palemoon to 26.5.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-09-28, 18:50

PM 26.4 also does not work with YandexMail on my computer.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-09-30, 23:54

Read this viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8240
Do start Pale Moon with new profile, then check yandex mail.

I already updated my palemoon to 26.5, and have no issues with yandex mail too.

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-10-01, 00:40

Yandex works for me, but I'm on Windows 8, and I'm using the light version of Yandex Mail

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-10-01, 00:58

Yes, the light version works fine for me too. It is the full version that is not compatible with PM.
PM will open the full version, but it is very slow and unresponsive. If you are composing an email, it does not keep up with the typing.

I tried Safe Mode without extensions, and reset PM and tried a new profile, but it did not help.

Today, I tried the full version with SeaMonkey, and it works fine.

I wonder what is wrong with PM. I hate to give up on it.

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-10-01, 22:17

What about using Firefox Compatibility Mode? Mine is set to that.
:)

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-10-01, 22:31

JodyThornton wrote:What about using Firefox Compatibility Mode? Mine is set to that.
:)
Mine is set for FF Compatibility Mode, also.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-10-02, 13:20

Mine is set for FF Compatibility Mode, also.
This is it. I never do set FF Compatibility Mode, therefore i have never seen new yandex mails. Now i see it, yes it is slower, but entirely not very slow or frustrating. Typing going fine too. I suppose this is about your system, you are to check it on the another one.

And after all why do yo want that new mails mode, as the usual for palemoon lite mode works perfect.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-10-02, 14:54

I like the full version of Yandex Mail because it has a variety of rich features that are not available in the light version.

All the other browsers that I have used have no problem with YandexMail full version. This includes FF, Comodo Ice Dragon, Opera, SeaMonkey, and SuperBird. If it was my system, then they would have equal difficulty.

I think it would be worth finding out why PM can't handle YandexMail. I think YandexMail is one of these modern apps like GMail. So, if PM is having a problem with YandexMail app then it is probably going to have a problem with other app-like websites.

lordvek

Unread post by lordvek » 2016-10-18, 21:29

The same problem, on Win7.
FF compatibility on.
I guess it's a general issue of PM :x
Also, when the yandex mail page tab is active, processor load rockets up to full (whole core of a dual core processor).
Typing messages is done very slow. It is though complete in some (unacceptable) time, but if you type and than switch e.g. to process manager - what you have already typed won't be completed.