No pictures on recent builds [SOLVED] Topic is solved

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
Tony0945

No pictures on recent builds [SOLVED]

Unread post by Tony0945 » 2016-06-26, 02:36

Case in point, https://www.amazon.com/ which should be showing pictures of all sorts of goods but just has text and blanks. Occurs in safe mode too.

Tried network.stricttransportsecurity.enabled=false as suggested in another post, but it makes no difference. Version 26.3.1 and at least two versions back. Now occurring on more and more sites.
Last edited by Tony0945 on 2016-06-26, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: No pictures on recent builds

Unread post by Tomaso » 2016-06-26, 02:47

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-06-26, 08:07

Tony0945 wrote:Case in point, https://www.amazon.com/ which should be showing pictures of all sorts of goods but just has text and blanks. Occurs in safe mode too.
On Pale Moon version 26.3.1 I get a good rendering of the page you linked above. I use Amazon enough to see there's nothing missing in my case.

You should try testing this using a clean profile. As I said I use Amazon often and I haven't noticed any problems of any kind at any time going back many Pale Moon releases which makes me think that your problem is likely either an add-on or a preference setting which a new "clean" profile would prove one way or the other whether this is the case.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Tony0945

Unread post by Tony0945 » 2016-06-26, 14:27

Problem disappeared with a clean profile. So I rebooted the original profile in safe mode and clicked the box to permanently reset all preferences. This solved that problem, but my theme didn't work. I disabled and re-enabled my add-on and all was well. I suppose I'll have to do that for the other add-ons, testing each time with http://www.amazon.com

Thanks for the Support! I really hated going back to FF to see graphs and the like.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-06-26, 15:45

Tony0945 wrote:I suppose I'll have to do that for the other add-ons, testing each time with http://www.amazon.com

Thanks for the Support! I really hated going back to FF to see graphs and the like.
You very welcome, I'm happy to hear this solved your issue :clap: and it is most assuredly a good idea to test each add-on individually one at at time with Amazon. It is possible that a preference setting was the culprit and may have had nothing to do with your add-ons or perhaps the Profile was corrupted in some manner, in either case the add-ons may have not been the problem after all but it's clearly best to check each one out separately one at a time. :thumbup:

I'm with you, I NEVER want to go back to FF or any other browser for that matter. I'm a true-blue Pale Moon user, period-end-of-story. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising