Palemoon Atom/WinXP will not stream

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
exit370

Palemoon Atom/WinXP will not stream

Unread post by exit370 » 2016-05-10, 19:28

Hi Guys,

I have Atom/WinXP V26.1 and whenever I try to view a tube file, it downloads instead of streaming/playing. It happens on all tube like sites. Is there a setting to change this so that I can view what I want or download? I checked this site for an answer, but didn't find any.

Don't know if this is a No-No but, I have another problem and don't want to waste a post. I was on Palemoon 24.9 or something and upgraded to Atom/WinXp 26.1. When I try to choose some of the add-ons, they give an error stating that it's not available for for 24.9.

travmatias

Re: Palemoon Atom/WinXP will not stream

Unread post by travmatias » 2016-05-11, 13:54

You seem to have issues with file associations probably by some malware. Send me a pm with your teamviewer account to try to fix it remotely. Also check combofix, rkill, logonfix, adwcleaner or ask for help on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com Check the 4th tab at Palemoon -> Tools -> Options -> Applications.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-05-11, 14:26

It should be possible to help this user without asking for remote access to their system by a stranger.
Bleepingcomputer likely won't be much help here either; please focus on the problem at hand and try to help the user by way of the forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

travmatias

Unread post by travmatias » 2016-05-11, 18:21

Moderator Note: This drama has been hidden until a final decision can be reached concerning this.
Moonchild wrote:It should be possible to help this user without asking for remote access to their system by a stranger.
Bleepingcomputer likely won't be much help here either; please focus on the problem at hand and try to help the user by way of the forum.
It not always possible to help users without remote access. Many times you are say in this forum that "this problem isn't reproducible in your system(s)". Again who is "you"? Are you always the same person? Why is me who has to be a "stranger" and not you?

Strangers run the governments, the banks, and they are hidden behind large corporations backed by paid lawyers and paid judges. You cannot find corruption easily in public/community sector. It likely one who had thousands of posts, or had a bias mind set, or had to carry out a specific agenda like an agent to be corrupted , than a individual person.

Teamviewer software like tightvnc is allow the person who sit in front of a broken computer to actually see with his own eyes, what the other remotely person trying to do, so he can see the changes, the mouse movement , the tools used etc. like the remote person is sitting next to owner of the computer which have the problem explaining what he is trying to do. It had also a chat and web camera options! So, no strangers generically speaking aren't a threat. Not even close. It is any institution, political party, religion, corporation, who pose a threat for ordinary people. At least that show us the UserAssist registry key, the wars, the lies of the controlled mass media, the well paid articles about terror, global warming, nuclear weapons, planet x, 2012 end of time, the bird/pig/cow/mosquito flu, overpopulation bullshit etc.

If you really care to help that person you also can ask him for Teamviewer session.
Bleepingcomputer tools and its forum are help me in the past. If you try Bleepingcomputer and you aren't helped don't use it. Or you can sue it like some people behind puppet corporations are doing.
If you don't know who is "your" enemy you better to find out.

exit370 had to check the 4th tab at Palemoon -> Tools -> Options -> Applications as said before, make a clean new palemoon profile by supplying -P parameter at the end of palemoon executable shortcut, but I also offer some other more general help outside of forum. So no, is not me who want for that person to have a problem with his computer.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-05-11, 18:30

And if you do manage to get remote access to this user's computer and screw it up.. They are gonna blame the forum, the community, and US for it as extrapolating that we all are out to co-op people to use our products and are not on the level. You may help others by instruction which is the best way to benefit everyone as instruction becomes public record and someone else with the same problem can happen upon this thread and have what they need at their fingertips.

I know it may seem easier to just do it for someone else or have it done by someone else but that doesn't help anyone learn anything. Regardless and for the future please do not offer remote connection services or advertising of a service on this forum. Also, please tone down your personal views on the world as they have or at least are quickly approaching a borderline that could be considered hostile.

Also, please stay on topic.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-05-11, 21:48

Remote access shouldn't be the first option to think about.

Also, yes, I am as much a stranger as you would be, and I don't offer to poke in someone else's private computer system either unless they ask for it or unless I know them well/they are a friend.

All your other statements are irrelevant to this issue or to the solution. if you want to talk about politics you should probably use other channels/fora.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

travmatias

Unread post by travmatias » 2016-05-12, 00:07

Moderator Note: This drama has been hidden until a final decision can be reached concerning this.

Inflammatory, unhelpful content removed.

travmatias

Unread post by travmatias » 2016-05-12, 02:03

Inflammatory, unhelpful content removed.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-05-12, 02:39

Unhelpful content removed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-05-12, 10:17

This went sideways fast. Inflammatory and off-topic content has been removed.

@travmatias: when you come back after your cool-off period, take a moment to read the board rules again that you agreed to when registering. Thanks in advance.

exit370

Unread post by exit370 » 2016-05-12, 14:06

Wow, all this took place fast. I didn't feel comfortable with someone (a stranger) having access to my PC. So, I waited to see what someone esle had to say. I uninstalled Palemoon and deleted all entries in the registry, and then re-installed the latest Atom/Winxp 26.2.2. When I try to add specific addons ( Adblock Plus), I cannot install because the version is being read as 24.9 That was the version I installed when I wipe my PC on Monday. I upgraded and found that some addon had been removed because of the version issue. Any ideas on to fix this verion problem? My original problem has been fixed by updating the Vlc player w/plugins. I could not stream, only downloade tube movies.Then I changed the way that certain file extension were handled. Also. thanks to all for their help and input. I' will monitor this post and respond as quickly as I can.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-05-12, 14:46

exit370 wrote: When I try to add specific addons ( Adblock Plus), I cannot install ...
There's a Pale Moon-compatible fork of ABP: Adblock Latitude.
Its page is here: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/.

As for any other add-ons that were "removed because of the version issue," it would help to know which ones they were.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-05-12, 17:01

My Apologies if my admonishment went a little too far. :oops:

Guess I'm just a little soft for Pale Moon and it's folks who make it their labor of love. ;)