palemoon-26.0.0.Atom.WinXP / WEPOS

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
Drugwash
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: palemoon-26.0.0.Atom.WinXP / WEPOS

Unread post by Drugwash » 2016-01-30, 00:54

Just for clarification: the code doesn't check for the value of the key but for the presence of the subkey itself. So regardless of its value, if the subkey is there the check will return true.
See the following piece of code in \browser\app\nsBrowserApp.cpp :

Code: Select all

#ifdef XP_WIN
  HKEY hKey;
  LONG lRes = RegOpenKeyExW(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"SYSTEM\\WPA\\PosReady", 0, KEY_READ, &hKey);
  if (lRes == ERROR_SUCCESS) {
    Output("Unsupported operating system.");
    return 255;
  }
#endif

drharri

Unread post by drharri » 2016-01-30, 01:17

Drugwash wrote:Just for clarification: the code doesn't check for the value of the key but for the presence of the subkey itself.
I noticed that also. It wasn't sufficient to toggle Installed = 0. Rather, I renamed the key to NoPosReady.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-30, 01:45

I think this thread has reached all its conclusions by now and just seems to be rehashing things or drifting in multiple different directions not related to the initial topic. I'll be closing it and ask everyone to direct further discussion to new threads for different topics in the correct boards (either this one or the new dedicated POSReady board).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite