Firefox Mode for One Site (SMF) Topic is solved

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
bloodsong

Firefox Mode for One Site (SMF)

Unread post by bloodsong » 2016-01-24, 18:40

hey guys!

moonchild, if you happen by, you're still worlds greatest programmer and developer! OF ALL TIME!

anyway, i just fixed a snafu with freaking google drive/docs by turning off firefox compatibility mode.

buuuuuut, on teeeensy little thing.

i have an SMF forum (simple machines forum), and in firefox mode, when i hit ctrl-i while writing on a topic, i get the code for italics.
when i turn firefox mode OFF, ctrl-i opens the bookmark bar.

i really want to do the former. what's the best way to set pale moon up to do that? can i turn on firefox mode for just my forum/site? i saw how to tell google i'm using an 'updated' firefox that is compatible with their stupid compatibility test (after resoundingly complaining to them about it). do i just do that for my forum? but... i don't really understand what that line is doing. it looks like it's saying 'hi, if you think i'm mozilla, i'm version 5, blah blah and if you think i'm firefox, i'm version 38...' but i don't think it turns on 'firefox mode'?

honestly, i'd just as soon leave 'firefox mode' off.

thanks guys!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Firefox Mode for One Site (SMF)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-24, 19:08

You can set a useragent override for just your SMF forum.

in about:config, create a new string preference (Right-click -> New -> String) called general.useragent.override.your.domain and set it to the string you see when you go to http://whatsmyuseragent.com in Firefox Compatibility mode.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

bloodsong

Re: Firefox Mode for One Site (SMF)

Unread post by bloodsong » 2016-02-01, 23:26

awesome! thanks a million!