PM needs to close frequently

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
greyowl

PM needs to close frequently

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-11-22, 19:03

I am using PM 25.8.0 (Atom/WinXP) on an XP laptop. I have been using PM for several years with no problems.
Recently, on a daily basis, I get a message "PaleMoon.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".
Please help with this problem.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: PM needs to close frequently

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2015-11-23, 01:32

greyowl wrote:I am using PM 25.8.0 (Atom/WinXP) on an XP laptop. I have been using PM for several years with no problems.
Recently, on a daily basis, I get a message "PaleMoon.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".
Please help with this problem.
Looks like a real unstable overclock or a plugin issue. (Note: this can occur if you use the Microsoft generic VGA driver.)

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2015-11-23, 01:42

It just started happening when I updated to 25.8.0.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-23, 10:22

Can you please paste as much detail about the crash as possible?
Did you recently change other software, updated other software?

Have you tried getting the normal off-line installer to make an in-place install (just run the installer and install where the previous one is installed) in case the update was somehow installed incorrectly or incomplete?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite