[Solved] Palemoon start page error

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
exit370

[Solved] Palemoon start page error

Unread post by exit370 » 2015-11-03, 19:59

Hi,

I have set my start page to Dogpile, but Palemoon always starts on its own page. I have changed my start page, changed it to blank page, nothing changes and it still loads the Palemoon start page. Has anyone got any idea how to make the change and make it stick?

Thanks,

Exit370
Last edited by Moonchild on 2015-11-05, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

ashdav

Re: Palemoon start page error

Unread post by ashdav » 2015-11-03, 23:58

Go to the Dogpile site that you want to use as your homepage.
From the menu bar (at the top of your screen) click on Tools.
From the drop down click on Options.
Select the General tab and on that window select use current page then click on the OK button at the bottom then close the window.
I suspect you're not clicking the OK button.
Welcome to Pale Moon. :D

exit370

Unread post by exit370 » 2015-11-04, 12:45

Thanks for getting back, but I did press the OK button after selecting and changing the start page. Hell, I must have tried 10 times over the past 4 weeks. I'm on Palemoon V25.7.3. I have a laptop with Win 8.1 and that guy is OK. Hell, this morning when first started, it went to Dogpile, but an other tab that is opened, opens to Palemoon's start page. Go figure.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-11-04, 15:50

Go to Tools >> Options >> Tabs. At the bottom it says: "When opening a new tab, show:" and the three options are 1) A blank page, 2) The Pale Moon start page, 3) The Quickdial page. Yours must be set to the Pale Moon start page.

If you want a new tab to open your home page, simply middle-click the home icon on the toolbar.
Last edited by ron_1 on 2015-11-04, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2015-11-04, 15:51

The new tab page (shown when you open a new tab) and the start page (shown when you start the browser, without reloading the previous session) are two entirely different things. If you want to change the new tab page, you have some options in your preferences > "Tabs" > "When opening a new tab, show:" The options there are kinda limited (blank page, Pale Moon start page, or quickdial page), so if you want to set your own custom page, you can open about:config and set the browser.newtab.url preference to any URL you like. (Note that when opening a new tab, your cursor may not be set to the address bar automatically anymore if you have changed this preference. At least, that's the case for me.)

exit370

Unread post by exit370 » 2015-11-04, 21:37

Yes Toa-Nuva, that did it. At first it was a problem with the initial tab, but I did fix that. The other tabs is what I should have said, as well. Thanks to all for all of you help and ideas. I just noticed that Toa-Nuva, you are in Germany. Tell me you are not in Wurzburg and you don't have a dopplebock in your hand;-)

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2015-11-04, 22:22

Off-topic:
exit370 wrote:Tell me you are not in Wurzburg and you don't have a dopplebock in your hand;-)
Uh, sure ... I'm not in Würzburg and I don't have a Doppelbock in my hand. ;)

(As a strict nondrinker, I had to look up what a "Doppelbock" is... Sounded like some kind of animal to me. :mrgreen: )

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-11-07, 03:42

Toa-Nuva wrote:
Off-topic:
exit370 wrote:Tell me you are not in Wurzburg and you don't have a dopplebock in your hand;-)
Uh, sure ... I'm not in Würzburg and I don't have a Doppelbock in my hand. ;)

(As a strict nondrinker, I had to look up what a "Doppelbock" is... Sounded like some kind of animal to me. :mrgreen: )
Hahaha, Doppelbock, quit barking at the cat, damn dog anyway :lol: