(SOLVED) Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale Moon?

Support board for people running on (retail/OEM) Windows XP (32/64-bit).
Forum rules
This is a self-serve support board for our community. The development team can't provide any support for Windows XP (and compatible versions of Pale Moon for it) any longer.
Thehandyman1957

(SOLVED) Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale Moon?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-10-31, 01:53

Hello all, I want to know if there is a way to get FireFTP working on Pale Moon. I need it to transfer files from my phone to and from my computer. I am sadly using Firefox right now because it won't work for Pale Moon due to version #. Sadly I cannot transfer files the old fashion way because of Verizon making it hard. Compatibility issues with XP. :geek:
Screenshot - 10_30_2015 , 6_48_51 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2015-10-31, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale Moon?

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2015-10-31, 02:06

Have you tried version-2.0.19.1-signed?

According to this ...

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php ... ftp#p40881

... that's the version to use for the time being.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Thehandyman1957

Re: Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale Moon?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2015-10-31, 03:29

Nigaikaze wrote:Have you tried version-2.0.19.1-signed?

According to this ...

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php ... ftp#p40881

... that's the version to use for the time being.
Thank you so much for your great reply. It's my fault really. I simply did not see the small little print on the Firefox page for older versions. You have to click on the "See complete version history" button to get to the others. :problem: I have downloaded that version and I'm super glad to hear that the developer is going to work with Pale Moon. :mrgreen:

Thank you for the link. :ugeek:

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: (SOLVED) Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale M

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2015-10-31, 03:58

You're welcome. Very glad to hear it's working for you.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Katryne

Re: (SOLVED) Is there a way to get FireFTP Working on Pale Moon?

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 14:30

Hello ! I have been using FireFTP for years, and was really glad that the version 2.0.19.1 could be run in PaleMoon.
Unfortunately my hosting provider 1&1 is upgrading all his plans to sFTP on a compulsory way. And FireFTP 2.0.19.1 does not support sFTP. At least, I have not been able to use it.
So I have to use Firefox with the latest release of Fireftp now.
It's a pity it does not work anymore and could be a reason for me to let PaleMoon go. it was to easy to work with a single software, making the changes on the files with the FTP tab and checking the result in the next http tab.
I have been in touch with the extension coder Mime Curvalo, but he cannot do anything. And the latest release of his extension does not work in PaleMoon.

Can any one give me an advice and a solution, please ?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 15:23

My advice is to use Filezilla.. it is a great full featured FTP client. Another piece of advice is to get off Windows XP but I am not gonna say that ;)

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 15:49

I appreciate your sense of humor, Matt. Do not worry for me, I work with windows10.
It's no way for FileZilla. I am used to work in a single software, with 2 tabs. I had to install an extra screen to my computer to cope with this sFTP "issue".

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-07-28, 15:55

Katryne wrote:And FireFTP 2.0.19.1 does not support sFTP. At least, I have not been able to use it.
sFTP does work in FireFTP v2.0.16.1-signed (but beware of the cosmetic bug reported at viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11877).

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 16:04

Thanks Falna, I will try this release. I read about the small inconvenience.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 16:09

So wait.. Was there some issue with SFTP and it was removed for a few versions but the added back in later or something?

BTW I can report that the latest version seems to work in Tycho (of course I bypassed version compatibility to test) with a few non-breaking snags.. Perhaps, we need to simply fork this.. Especially seeing as whatever reasons the developer had when we asked him to officially support us 2 years ago were as I suspected just smoke as technologically speaking a few non-breaking snags would hardly put a big development burden..

We will see when Tycho gets closer to becoming actually released Pale Moon..

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 16:17

Sorry, Matt, I did not understand this time. Please keep in mind that English is not my mother tongue.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 16:20

Katryne wrote:Sorry, Matt, I did not understand this time. Please keep in mind that English is not my mother tongue.
I edited my post.. please reread it. :P

I am just trying to figure out why SFTP isn't working when it apparently isn't in a newer technically compatible version but is in an older version..

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 16:30

I wrote to Mime Cuvalo at the end of June, about the issue with 2.0.19. He answered that there had been a bug in that version and induced me in trying the corrected 2.0.19.1. When I wrote back to him saying it did not work either, he told me to try the very last 2.0.28 (the one that works so well with Firefox ( :twisted: ) But I was not able to bypass the version restriction for installing it in PaleMoon. I'm just a girl, you know, not a geek or a coder ...

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2016-07-28, 17:07

Katryne wrote:I'm just a girl, you know, not a geek or a coder ...
Off-topic:
Being a girl does not prevent you from being a coder or a geek.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-07-28, 20:00

Katryne wrote:Unfortunately my hosting provider 1&1 is upgrading all his plans to sFTP on a compulsory way. And FireFTP 2.0.19.1 does not support sFTP. At least, I have not been able to use it.
Are you sure it's SFTP and not FTPS? because FTPS is based on FTP, but SFTP is a completely different protocol and likely not supported by FTP clients.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 20:07

AndyTheAbsurd wrote:
Katryne wrote:I'm just a girl, you know, not a geek or a coder ...
Off-topic:
Being a girl does not prevent you from being a coder or a geek.
Additionally, being a girl is not an excuse for anything.

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-28, 22:15

Sorry for the girly joke, I promise I will be nothing but serious from now on. And thanks to everyone who is trying to help.

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-07-31, 05:19

sFTP does work in FireFTP v2.0.16.1-signed (but beware of the cosmetic bug reported at viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11877).
I was not able to make this release work either.
For the time being, I am using FireFox.
What can be done to make FireFTP work in PaleMoon for sFTP ? Did I miss some special settings.

PS : I just see that this thread is for windows XP support and I do not use this OS anymore, but it seemed to comply with the issue I met.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-07-31, 12:23

Katryne wrote:
What can be done to make FireFTP work in PaleMoon for sFTP ? Did I miss some special settings.
Did you miss something simple, like using the correct port?
Maybe check out the FireFTP help page: http://fireftp.net/help.html

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...