Adobe Flash Player and Youtube

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Adobe Flash Player and Youtube

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-09-23, 19:17

I have a minor problem with Adobe Flash Player on Youtube.
I´m using bcTool to remote-control a scanner (radio) via USB (COM5).

If i play a video on Youtube, switch to bcTool, back to pm and immediately select fullscreen, the player stops.
Not entirely, the audio continues, but the screen goes black.
It either stays black, or after a few seconds the player "jumps" forward a few seconds to get video in sync with audio and freezes,
the "jumps" are repeated several times, but the player never returns to playing normally.
This only happens when i immediately select fullscreen in the player-window after switching back to PM,
if i click on something else (another icon in Flash Player, or the PM-icon in the taskbar) before the fullscreen-icon,
then there is no problem.

Previously i used (Flash Player) 18.0.0.232 and ESR 13.0.0.309, with PM-32 it was the same behaviour as described above.
But with PM-64 i got "not responding", the video continued to play for a few seconds with only audio, then it all stopped.
Killing the plugin-container with taskmanager and restarting the plug-in was required.

Yesterday i upgraded to ESR 18.0.0.242, i have been testing it with both PM-32 and PM-64,
and now PM-64 behaves the same as PM-32, no more plug-in crashes.

This problem only happens on Youtube, and the only program causing it is bcTool,
switching back and forth between PM and other programs is no problem.
So i suspect this has something to do with bcTool using a comport.

Today i found a quick-fix, if i switch to "Theatre-mode" (the icon to the left of the fullscreen-icon),
before switching to bcTool and back, then there is no problem.
So it seems that Adobe has made at least some improvements with 18.0.0.241...

Can PM be causing this, or is it just Flash Player that is buggy ?
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.