Google search plugin

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Joel Cairo

Google search plugin

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-09-16, 00:31

I am, as I have been for many years, absolutely sick of Google redirecting from .com to .co.uk. 1st I'd appreciate if anyone knows how to add /ncr to the plugin. 2nd I'd like to suggest PM ships with the option.
Off-topic:
btw Mr G.W. - if you don't see it - is despairing at Windows 10. I know how he feels! I get the same when Google keeps redirecting me. The UK is so stultifyingly prudish (and hypocritical). This is only semi-OT.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Google search plugin

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-16, 00:35

Shipping it with /ncr is not really desirable, since most users would prefer their local flavor with localized search results, I'd gather.

You can add the query by editing the xml file in "searchplugins" but an easier way may be to get a specific version of a Google search plugin for your preferred region...?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Joel Cairo

Re: Google search plugin

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-09-16, 01:06

Moonchild wrote:Shipping it with /ncr is not really desirable, since most users would prefer their local flavor with localized search results, I'd gather.

You can add the query by editing the xml file in "searchplugins" but an easier way may be to get a specific version of a Google search plugin for your preferred region...?
OK, thanks Moonchild. Didn't know that was an option. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-encrypted-/ seems to do the job. HTTPS too, of course.