Alternatives to Kaspersky Safe Browser

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Socio

Alternatives to Kaspersky Safe Browser

Unread post by Socio » 2015-03-27, 12:34

I hope I am asking this question in the right forum.

I am transitioning from IE11 to Pale moon 64bit and I use Kaspersky total security for my AV and Firewall, there are two features I use a lot from Kaspersky Total Security inside IE11; the password manager and Safe Money with its safe browser http://support.kaspersky.com/9813 for my banking, Pay Pal etc...

Neither of these features work in Pale Moon 64bit but I managed to replace the Kaspersky password manager with LastPass quite nicely.

My question is to any other Pale Moon 64bit users is there an alternative to Kaspersky Safe Browser for financial transactions that work in Pale Moon 64bit?

Or is Pale Moon secure enough it is not necessary?

Thanks for any help.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Alternatives to Kaspersky Safe Browser

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-27, 13:13

Pale Moon is most certainly secure enough to do your banking with without any aids or crutches.
In fact, there have been a number of banks coming out in the wash where Pale Moon's security-aware approach caused some problems because banks weren't secure enough :P
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Socio

Re: Alternatives to Kaspersky Safe Browser

Unread post by Socio » 2015-03-27, 23:04

Excellent!

Thank you for your response.